Pages

Thursday, April 06, 2017

March 2017 Goals Update


March flew by, and between all of the storms we experienced, I think we can all agree it was a pretty loud month.  I wanted to share an update on my goals for the month, as I found what I thought would be a fun little experiment to be incredibly helpful and motivating.


The goal calendar that I shared proved very useful in tracking my progress with each goal during the month.  I was able to devote much time to reading, playing piano, and physical exercise.  I was also able to see that it remains a constant struggle to maintain those three activities as well as I did while also keeping up the consistency in blog writing and practicing my French.  I've noticed this trend happening the other way as well.  On days when I get in my French practice and find myself posting more regularly, the exercise and piano practice definitely suffer.


So, what is the answer?


As per the usual, I will attempt to conquer this goal by adjusting my daily schedule.  Y'all, we've got a lot of time in a day.  1,440 minutes in each of them, to be exact.  Surly I can have enough self-control to designate 240 of these to activities that are truly fulfilling and bring substance and meaning to my daily life.  Surly.  Below is the schedule I will attempt:

Writing: 6:00-7:00 in the mornings
Speaking: 8:00-8:30 in the mornings
Moving: 9:30-10:30 in the mornings
Playing (Piano) 12:30-1:00 in the afternoons
Reading: 9:30-10:30 in the evenings

March on the left, April on the right.  Toes courtesy of Eliot. 

As I mentioned above, the goal calendar was so effective!  I hope honing in and being more deliberate with my schedule will allow me to have even more circled days this month!



0 comments

Post a Comment