Pages

Friday, June 07, 2019

Linger Moments No. 10

lin·ger

/ˈliNGɡər/
verb

to stay in a place longer than necessary, typically because of a reluctance to leave.

You know those moments: the ones often catching you by surprise, causing you to pause a little longer than perhaps intended.  Whether your upcoming weekend is one filled with activities or has the promise of being a relaxing weekend, you are invited to take a moment to linger before heading to the end of the week.


Faith and Fizz Bath Bombs


I experienced my first bath bomb (ever) last fall.  I bought it on a whim at a wine festival after I had avoided giving into the craze for many years.  I decided to try it because it smelled good and I'm a sucker for good scents.  It was (of course) amazing.  However, it was also $10.  Considering I draw a bath at least three times a week, I knew it would not be wise to incorporate this bombing routine on a nightly basis.  I started looking into shops on Etsy that would offer these bathtime explosives with high-quality ingredients but at a more reasonable price.  And then I found Faith and Fizz Soap Co.  She has an incredible assortment of bath bombs which she offers in multiple sizes!  My absolute favorite is the Charcoal and Rose bath bomb which has the most intoxicating scent of rose (without being overpowering).  The milky coconut and calendula bath bomb comes in at a close second!  All of her bath bombs contain special oils that always leave my skin feeling super silky.  Amber (the shop owner) is super friendly and even slips some samples into my orders which is always a fun surprise!  

I can't even remember how I found this, but am so glad I did.  The Cheddar Need2Know Daily Email arrives in my inbox 5 days a week.  It provides a short snap-shot at political, economic, sports, pop-culture (etc) news and I absolutely love it.  They recently started a podcast of the same headlines contained in the daily email, but the email contains little quips that I feel the podcast just doesn't do as well.  There's always a retweet of the day (which is always hilarious) and every Thursday features a "Love it, Hate it, Ate it" section which never disappoints.  

Schar Gluten-Free Artisan Baker White Bread

Gulten-Free people, Rejoice.  For realz.  Eight years ago I started experiencing random complete-body hive breakouts.  They generally happened when I would get very hot and sometimes when exercising.   For a while I thought it might be rosemary, which happened to be a common denominator in a few of the reactions.  I later discovered that it was actually wheat-based gluten which I have since learned to avoid.  For those of you who know me, you know this situation is actually pretty sad.  Why?  Because Sandwiches. Are. My. Jam.  Like Garfield has his lasagna or Kevin his cheese pizza, sandwiches have always been my favorite thing.  I can tell you all of the best sandwich places in the Southeast.  I know the scientific formula for creating the best sandwich ever.  We literally celebrate several yearly seasons with very specific sandwiches. All of this to say that I have finally found a gluten-free bread that does not have the consistency of pudding, nor does it taste like a cornmeal trying to be a sandwich bread.  Schar Gluten-Free bread is the absolute BEST (EVEN better than the handmade gf breads from the local bakeries).  It's fine eaten plain but is absolutely amazing toasted.  I discovered it at our Publix (which no longer carries it) but have also found it at Sprouts.  

0 comments

Post a Comment