Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Linger Moments ~ No. 7

lin·ger

/ˈliNGɡər/
verb
to stay in a place longer than necessary, typically because of a reluctance to leave.

You know those moments: the ones often catching you by surprise, causing you to pause a little longer than perhaps intended. You are invited to take a moment to linger as you complete the first half of your week and look forward towards the second.

1. Anne With An E


Like many young girls (though no others in my family) Anne of Green Gables was one of my favorite movies as a child.  Recently, it seems the beloved book and movie seem to keep coming up.  A blogger-friend frequently mentions how she uses the original film score as a backdrop to her writing.  An Instagram account that I enjoy following also brings up in her desire to just live in a simplified "Anne of Green Gables" world.  At every mention of the story, I felt a longing to go back to those childhood days.  Then, just like that, Netflix created the series Anne with an E.  I watched one back at the beginning of summer and decided to wait to watch them with my daughter.  We are only a few episodes in, but we are loving it!  I love the values it is helping to teach my daughter including the importance of friendship and of loving oneself.

2. Dave's Killer Bread "Good Seed"



We first tried this bread at a friend's house during the impending Hurricane Irma.  Sandwiches were made for the children; however, my particular child decided not to eat on this occasion which meant I had the pleasure of eating the deliciousness that ensued.  This bread is some of the most flavorful bread I've ever had on a sandwich, and you probably don't know this about me but I'm quite the sandwich aficionado.  It's thick with nutty-flavored seeds without tasting dry at all (which is exactly what I was expecting).  Some of the seeds featured in "Good Seed" include whole flax seeds, sunflower seeds, ground flax seeds, un-hulled brown sesame seeds, and un-hulled black sesame seeds.  It comes in a full-sized loaf or a thin-sliced loaf.  I've found it at our Publix here in Roswell, but it took our Milton Publix a little while longer to get it in... I've heard that if you request products they do their best to stock them, though.  Try it out- seriously. 


3. Burt's Bees Basil Leaf Natural Soy Candle



I've been a long-time user of Burt's Bees' products, from their amazing (non-addicting) Beeswax Lip Balm to their soothing Baby Bees' products, and have generally loved them all along. When I discovered their candles at our local Publix (for Buy-One-Get-One, nonetheless), I decided to try one and picked out a "Basil Leaf" scent.  It smelled fresh and clean and I decided it would be perfect for our kitchen.  The first time I lit it, I continued throughout my day and upon returning to the kitchen, was greeted with a fondly memorable scent of the old Harry's Farmer's Market.  I was shocked at first because I always had assumed what I was smelling at Harry's was in fact lavender from their soap bar display.  However, the nostalgic feeling the scent gives me is enough to make it an instant favorite as well as keep me burning it all day.

0 comments

Post a Comment