Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

L-O-V-E was in the Air!

Our 2010 Valentine's day was spent at the Love Family home celebrating the engagement of my baby sister Angela to her fiancé Clay.  It was truly a celebration of LOVE as everyone pitched in to make the Sunday dinner special. 

My responsibility was to bring a flower arangement.  I ordered a bouquet of green and purple orchids that were to be arranged in a vase our mother had given Angela for her hope chest.  The arrangement from http://www.pepperberryflowershop.com/ tipped over on the car ride home.  Luckily for us (and the poor orchids!), my friend Mandi was able to come over to save the flowers and the day with her well-trained eye for beauty. 

In addition to the flowers, I brought several plates of homemade Valentine cookies.  I baked two different types- Lemon Butter Cookies (Southern Living/February 2010) and Sugar Cookies (www.marthastewart.com/2010) and frosted them both with Royal Frosting (www.marthastewart.com/2010).  I then used glittery red gel to decorate the cookies with "L" and "A+C."  They were adorable and tasted sweet. 

Before entering the kitchen this morning, I finished reading Paris Times Eight: Finding Myself in the City of Dreams.  It was the 7th book on Paris living I have read and told the "Coming of Age" story of Deirdre Kelly, a Canadian who falls in love with the ideal of Paris.  Tonight I will begin French by Heart: An American Family's Adventures in La Belle, France

0 comments

Post a Comment