Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Summer Movie List + Book List Update

Longer days. Easier schedules.  Much more flexibility.  Just as Ms. Fitzgerald sang, "It's summertime, and the livin' is easy."  Man, how I love summer!

In case you haven't noticed my theme, I view the start of each new season as a fresh slate.  Inspiration in itself to continue creating a life I love to live.  Living in each moment and soaking up every bit of relaxed state of mind.  That's what I plan to do this summer.

As soon as Fiona's school ended, we started our Summer tradition of evening movies.  Every year we try to stick to a theme (last year was Shirley Temple; the year before was Disney animated movies).  This year's theme is musicals.  The old fashioned classics.  Below is our list:

1. My Fair Lady




2. The King and I



 3. Annie, Get Your Gun



4. Oklahoma!




5. On the Town



6. An American in Paris




7.  Anchors Away



8. Holiday Inn



9. Meet Me in St. Louis



I foresee us finishing one or two movies a week as we'll probably end up splitting most of them into two evenings.  You may be asking where's The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, or many of the other, most popular musicals.  We've seen these so many times (and LOVE them!), so we (I) decided we'd see movies she had not yet seen (and, to be quite honest, I have not yet seen!).  I'm excited to share this experience with her!

I'd love to receive more recommendations!  We've got a few spots left to fill and I'm sure we're missing some of the greats!  I'd also love to hear if anyone else has summer movie lists and if you have a theme or just go with the flow :)

Quick update on the progress of my book list:  I've finished two more books (Marrying Mozart, and The Happiness Project), and am almost done with Joie de Vivre, which I am enjoying tremendously.  I am also still reading through Spark Joy.  At this rate, I won't finish them all by the end of the year (there were 15 on my list and I'm only on my 5th!), so I decided to help my chances by ONCE AGAIN moving my phone charger away from my bed.  It's been moved for three days now and I've already noticed the difference in how much further into my book I've progressed.  Go figure.

0 comments

Post a Comment