Pages

Friday, August 02, 2019

In Pursuit of Passion- My Journey to a New Career

As a young child, I started collecting old House Beautiful and Southern Living magazines.  By the time I was 16, I was subscribed to the newly published magazine; Real Simple.  The desire for "Home" has always been in my heart.  Fast-forward 11 years and my husband and I were ready to buy our first house.  Little did we know that journey would take us 3 years.

Photo by Scott Webb from Pexels

Thirty-six months of daily listing searches and countless hours of driving around, looking for the perfect home.  Then on February 8, 2014 at about 8:00 in the morning, we found it.  We immediately called our realtor to schedule a viewing, were the first ones in the door, made an offer that night, and moved in less than 5 weeks later.


The interesting thing is when you spend SO long searching for the perfect home, it's somewhat difficult to stop.  I loved our home but had unknowingly also developed a new love: real estate.  Scanning the pages of newly listed houses, constantly using apps to pull up houses where "for sale" signs had appeared overnight, and dragging my family on Sunday afternoon outings to see open houses continued to be the norm.

As our children have grown and our season of life has changed, Chris and I decided it was time to turn this lifestyle hobby into a career.  I spent the fall and winter of 2018/2019 studying and finally received my Georgia Real Estate License on June 10, 2019.  I quickly signed up with Harry Norman Realtors, Atlanta's oldest residential real estate firm.


Real Estate isn't just a career for me, it's a passion.  While the classes were long and the exams stressful, I am beyond excited to have the opportunity to help people buy and sell homes.  I believe that everyone deserves to have that feeling we felt when we walked into our house and immediately knew "This is the ONE.  THIS is our HOME."


0 comments

Post a Comment