Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Days 21 & 22

Days 21 & 22:  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!
Since Chris had to work this weekend, we didn't have much of a celebration but I did what I could to bring the festivities home.  Saturday night we had Corned Beef and Cabbage.  The Corned Beef slow-cooked all afternoon long in a brown sugar, beer, and whatever-the-seasonings-are-that-comes-with-it.  It was delicious!  I threw some carrots in towards the end and they, too, were yummy.  Since my Mother-in-Law's Crock Pot is not as large as mine, I couldn't get all of the cabbage in with the roast and ended up sauteing it with olive oil and salt and pepper.  I added some of the juices from the roast and it was delicious!

Today at Kroger, I fell into a trap of using the self-check-out.  I have been avoiding those as part of my no drive-throughs. The cashier's lines were backing up and a lady came and got me (with my three items) and said she would check me out "Over here."  I was skeptical that she just wanted me to use the self-serve line but she started scanning my items herself, so I was relieved.  Then she said, "You can pay here," and walked away.  I was left to complete my check out on my own with only the computer as companion.  It did not tell me to have a nice day.

On another note, the Reubons we made tonight were amazing!  We used the left-over corned beef, some sauerkraut warmed in white wine, swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing on Rye bread (yes, we did have to buy more) and used a panini press to melt it all together.  Thanks to Alli for the quick recipe!

Hope you all had a Happy St. Patrick's Day!


0 comments

Post a Comment