Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Days 17, 18, 19, 20

Day 17: Snacks
Once again, there was no need to forgo a drive through today.  I have found that since we no longer use drive-throughs, we have to plan for snacks to hold us over until we get home to eat our meals.  The best snack for such a time is definitely a Cutie.  Those things are so stinkin' yummy, we have to bring at least 3 anytime we are planning a snack: I can easily put two of them away on my own.  Fiona loves them, too, and they are healthy!  Check out your Smart Source 2/24 coupons for 50¢ off (doubled to $1 at Publix).  You know you wanna!

Day 18: Chase Bank
Banks were what I dreaded most in forgoing drive-thoughs for my 100 Days of No Drive-Throughs Challenge.  I have to say that it has surprisingly not been as big as a burden as I imagined.  Since drive-throughs and ATMs are so easily accessibly, there are hardly ever lines.  Not even one today, when I popped in before heading to the grocery store.  Today as I walked in and was greeted, I noticed that several of the people noticed me.  I have been using this bank since the branch opened several years ago and have never been noticed.  I've been going inside for less than a month and guess what?  They notice me.  Talk about a good feeling!

Day 19: Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwhiches on Rye Bread
My grocery shopping this week consisted of items that were intended for our St. Patty's Day celebrations for the weekend.  One of the items that I only buy in March every year is rye bread and I don't know why this is: anytime it's in the cabinet, we use and love it!  Today I made bacon and fried egg sandwiches with muenster cheese on toasted rye bread with sliced strawberries on the side.  It was delicious!  So delicious, I have a feeling I'm going to need to get another load of it before our Reubon sandwiches this weekend!

Day 20: An Apology to Starbucks
I wanted to offer a sincere apology to whomever it is at Starbucks who's reading my blog and obviously got upset when I didn't write for a while.  Today when I went to get a latte, there were no parking places.  Note: NO parking places.  Not like, "Aww man, there are no close places," but like, "Dang.  There are NO parking places at all."  And since I couldn't go through the drive-through, I had to forgo my espresso indulgence and head home for a K-Cup with Irish Creamer.


0 comments

Post a Comment