Pages

Monday, March 04, 2013

Day 10: The Dreaded Bank.

Friday was the day I was dreading most in the "100 Days of No Drive-Throughs" challenge.  If was the first of the month and time to deposit checks from my piano students and pay ourselves out of that account.  

For whatever reason, Chris and I are still at two separate banks.  Normally it is not that big of a deal as both banks have many branches and Fiona and I are able to easily swing through the drive-throughs during our morning errands.  With mobile banking it's become even easier by simply taking a picture of the check front and back and remotely depositing the money into our accounts.  A while ago I decided to stop using mobile banking when a check from a student got deposited for $1000 over the written amount.

Back to Friday.  Fiona and I dropped Chris off at work early and made our way to the first bank.  It was nice going in early as there was barely a line.  Someone greeted us at the door and assisted us to the counter where Fiona got a sucker we saved for later that day and our endeavor to a consignment sale.  I was even able to switch over our address to our current residence which I had been putting off.  It literally took 2 minutes.

After the first bank, there wasn't time to go to the second before my Zumba class.  We went to the branch in the Kroger after Zumba and again, even at 11:30, there was no line.  We were in and out on a Friday!

On a side note, after the consignment sale we went to go get Fiona's hair cut!  She likes Pigtails and Crewcuts in Roswell so off we went!  This time she chose to sit in a "Thomas Choo-Choo."  Her haircut was in preparation for the pictures that we did on Saturday.  Look forward to seeing those in the future :)


0 comments

Post a Comment