Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Linger Moments No. 9

lin·ger

/ˈliNGɡər/
verb
to stay in a place longer than necessary, typically because of a reluctance to leave.

You know those moments: the ones often catching you by surprise, causing you to pause a little longer than perhaps intended.  Whether your upcoming weekend is one filled with activities or has the promise of being a relaxing weekend, you are invited to take a moment to linger before heading to the end of the week.


Trader Joe's Chocolate Coconut Almonds
I stumbled across these tasty little treats a few weeks ago and immediately fell in love.  It combines three of my favorite flavors into bite-sized deliciousness.  The almond is coated with a sweet coconut layer and covered in milk chocolate.  Added bonus: the serving size is 1/3 cup which contains approximately 20 pieces, definitely enough to satiate a sweet tooth.


When Life Gives you Lululemons


It's been 12 years since The Devil Wears Prada came out to movie theaters.  After seeing the movie, I decided to read the book which was great as well.  Apparently, ten years later, a sequel came out: Revenge Wears Prada.  I missed that sequel but somehow heard about the third book in the series, When Life Gives You Lululemons.  The characters include Miranda Priestly's former executive assistant, Emily Charlton, who spends a stint in the suburbs helping a new friend make a come-back from wrongly-accused police charges.  Ms. Weisburger's balances light and fun with suburban-suspense in her new book which would be a great quick pool read (and this was obviously originally written during the summer months).
I stumbled across this YouTube channel when searching for a Yoga video I could watch and practice at home.  I do belong to a gym with yoga classes (both hot and not) that I love, but lately, things have been so active that stopping everything to go to a scheduled class just hasn't worked out.  While a 60-minute session can be an amazing addition to any day, it can take a whole lot of planning to coordinate the class schedule with carpool, chores, and other activities.  I was so excited to find Yoga with Adriene and started one of her 30-day yoga challenges.  After a little research, I found that she has a gazillion videos of every type of yoga imaginable (yoga for runners, weight-loss yoga, yoga for zombies (?!?)), and at least four 30-day yoga challenges, each with different themes.  She also has over 4.5 million subscribers, so chances are, you already know who I'm talking about.   I'm enjoying working through the one linked above and LOVE the flexibility of being able to roll out my mat and click on the video whenever my schedule allows.

0 comments

Post a Comment