Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 3: Starbucks

After the gym today, I actually found myself debating on which Starbucks to go through based on which one had a drive-through.  I quickly remembered my 100 day challenge and reminded myself that either one I chose, I would be going inside.  

I decided on the one without a drive through so that I would not be tempted in case there was no parking.  On a quick side-note/rant: is Alpharetta the only city that NEVER has parking available for any Starbucks? The only one I can think of with ample parking is the one at the Barnes and Noble on North Point Parkway (I don't count the Target ones since they do not have a separate entrance), but that's really not a fair comparison because they're sharing with a giant bookstore.

So, there I was.  Dripping with sweat, red-faced and greasy-haired, walking into Starbucks to get my coffee.  And I got to meet the barista who made the most beautiful latte foam in the world.  I commented on how perfect it was and she exclaimed, "Well, God made the Heavens and the Earth, but I make the best foam in the world."  Quite a bold statement.

Have you taken the 100 Days of No Drive-Throughs Challenge?  Please comment to tell me about your experiences forgoing drive-throughs!

1 comments

  1. I've not been able to work out for a good while due to pain in my hip, so we haven't eaten out much in 2013 at all. Have to say that eating healthy at home and avoiding restaurant food (drive throughs too) has helped me stay in my current clothes. We went out on Saturday for the first time in fo- ev- er and it was great!

    Keep up the good work Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete