Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Days 6 & 7: BP and Starbucks

Day 6: BP
Yesterday morning I woke up expecting the weather to be just as warm as it had been the day before (mid 60's).  As I walked out of the gym in my flip-flops, the wind screamed a big, resounding, "WRONG."  Fiona and I quickly hopped in the car, only to realize we needed gas.  

We mozzied on over the the BP, the whole while dreading getting out of the car again to go inside to pay.  I parked up front, locked the car up, and ran inside.  It was lunch time and the sweaty scent of workers filled the gas station well-known for more snacks than you can imagine.  When it came my turn in line, the lady behind the counter raised her eye-brows at me after hearing me answer, "no, that's it," to her question of "and what else?"  It reminded me of how radical an idea of forgoing pay-at-the-pump service is.

Side note: I always thought BP stood for "British Petroleum."  Wrong: It stands for "Beyond Petroleum."  While researching BP for this blogpost, I also found this lovely picture:

Day 7: Starbucks
So, someone from Starbucks must have read my blog, because today when I pulled up:
FRONT ROW PARKING, BABY!
This was a big deal for me, as I chose to test my commitment to the challenge and visit the Starbucks that did, in fact, have a drive-through.  Not only was I rewarded with the closest available parking spot, I was welcomed and enveloped by that heavenly scent of rich espresso and frothy cream.  Well worth the trip inside.

0 comments

Post a Comment