Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 8: Week One and the Outdoors

I love the outdoors.  The past few months have been pretty rainy, so any time we have a day of sunshine, I like to take full advantage of it!  The view from my studio windows is quite beautiful.  Since Georgia no longer experiences the full-on winters it did when I was little girl, the trees take longer to loose their leaves.  Oh, they turn beautiful shades of orange, red, and gold.  But here in February, there are still some trees holding on to their souvenirs of last year.  

I have fallen in love with this golden-tawny color and tried to capture it against the gorgeous blue sky today.  I even used one of my app finds: "Colors" to try to match the color exactly.  It got pretty close, but you can see in the picture below that it does not quite get the brightest part of the leaves.

 What would you call that color?  I think it's funny how I saw basically gold and blue but the Colors app picked up hues of purple.

Today marks one week since I have chosen to give up drive-throughs.  Looking back on the past week I would have to say the biggest difference is the lack of feeling rushed.  Since I'm no longer going through drive-thoughs, I really have to plan into my day the times I go out.  There has also been no fast-food in my past week, which I noticed not only in myself, but also in Chris as this morning he was starting to loose his pants due to the loss of a few pounds :)

How has your week been?  Did you take the challenge to forgo drive-throughs for 100 days?  Thank you for your comments!  Also, I am interested in doing a give-away to my readers.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

0 comments

Post a Comment