Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 9: McDonald's & Arby's

This Thursday was a super busy day for us.  So busy, in fact, that we had fast food not once, but TWICE!  I'm a little embarrassed to admit that.  However, I am proud to admit that both times we went inside to order our food.  And let me tell you- we were in and out way faster than had we gone through the drive-though.

Even at McDonald's, where two drive-through lines were in operation, we beat the Audi that had pulled in to the parking lot ahead of us by at least 7 minutes.  I was quite amazed!  The people inside were so nice and friendly, too.  It really made parking and going inside worth the effort.

At Arby's this evening I was able to crack jokes with the crew while waiting for Chris to text me his order.  It was fun and reminded me of being in college and being able to turn anything into a joke.

Another thing this evening that reminded me of college was North Point Church's Night of Worship.  Leaving there, I felt like I was 19 again and leaving 7:22- like I needed to go to Starbucks and hang out for another hour or so.  

What a great day of connecting with other human beings and a great evening connecting with the One who made us.  Feel free to share some of your interactions that have occurred through giving up drive-throughs or even through other means. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment