Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

October Goals 2016


School is in full swing and we've got a great schedule going on over here at the Diaz household.  For the most part, we're on time to school, have dinner on the table each night, and are getting adequate amounts of sleep.  In my book, that's winning.  The purple-blue morning glories Fiona and I planted last year greet us every morning and the hot Georgia weather has finally begun to let up.  Y'all, we've even had the windows open a few nights the past week!

I'm guessing it's because of all of these great things happening that I don't even feel bad for not completing each of my September goals.  I'm not even going to relist them for October.  I think I'll just put them on the "Fall Goals" list and give myself until December to complete them.  Because, that's how we roll around here.  And it's awesome.

So, here are the much anticipated October Goals... which may or may not be met during the month of October.


1. Continue blogging class: finish 8 lessons.
I'm definitely enjoying the "Blog Life" online class by A Beautiful Mess.  I completed 8 lessons in September and hope to complete as many in October.  One class that I'm excited to get to is Lesson No. 14, "Create a Killer About Page." Which naturally I'll list as my second October goal.

2. Create a killer about page.
My blog's current "About Me" page is less of a bio and quite literally my first blog post.  When we updated my blog last year with a new blogger template (you can read that first post here), Chris simply linked back to my first blog post in which I introduce myself.  That post was written back in 2010, and since so much has happened since then, I'm super excited to update that portion of my blog... Stay tuned!

3. Organize a giveaway!
Guys, I'm almost up to 10,000 pageviews (all time history).  Some of the giants of blogging actually get these numbers in one day, but seriously... reaching this number is a HUGE deal to me!  I'd like to celebrate my readers (that would be YOU) by doing my first ever giveaway.  I am so appreciate that people actually read and am so grateful for those who share!  Check back regularly to be sure to sing up for the giveaway!

4. Re-read chapter 4: En Automne: Fall Ahead from Mireille Guiliano's 
From one of my favorite authors, French Women for All Seasons takes an in-depth look at how to relish each season with tips on cooking, exercising, and even fashion.  I enjoy re-reading corresponding chapters at the beginning of each new season and love rediscovering seasonal recipes each time.


5.  Complete Amy Snow.
This book hooked me right from the beginning.  It's the story of an orphan girl found in the snow by a young Heiress.  Early on in the story, the Heiress passes away but not before creating a treasure-hunt that only Amy can follow.  It is so good and I'm excited to finish it.  So, about finishing all these books: I realized that I've got great ambitions and aspirations to read all of these books, but I do not really set myself up for success to actually complete them because basically I'm not carving out enough time each day to do so.  In addition to finishing this book, I also plan on getting back into the habit of turning in early (at least a few days a week) in order to have an hour to read before lights out.


6. Complete weekly homework for Parish Bible Study
I recently started a new Bible study with our church on the book of Gideon.  I'm not sure if the Bible study leader planned it this way, but our pastor has also recently been teaching on that area of the Bible, so it's almost like an in depth look at what we're learning about on Sundays.  Thus far I've found it extremely interesting, both at church and in the study.  Each week we have a 5-day assignment and my goal is to complete my homework before our weekly meetings.

So there they are.  Six simple goals for the month of October.  I'd love to hear from you and see if you set goals each month and what they may be!

0 comments

Post a Comment